In 2016 the Friends continued to focus on the visitor experience being enjoyable and safe. Your gift will help us continue to enhance an improve the park. This year, we:
- Installed signage and trail markers on the newly rerouted Mt. Muscoco Trail
- Funded and partnered with the City Parks Department and Rocky Mountain Field Institute (RMFI) for $20,000 in restoration and repairs to Silver Cascade Falls Trail above Helen Hunt Falls.
- Funded a $6,000 permanent safety fence above Helen Hunt Falls.
- Sponsored diverse, family-fun events including the Hummingbird Experience, Canvases in the Cañon, the Halloween Costume Carnival and the Canya Cañon! Race and Family Hike.
- Funded nature school programs in the park for children from School District 2.
- Organized four trail maintenance days and two park clean-up days which were successfully accomplished with the help of our wonderful volunteers. These efforts help keep the park safe and clean.
- Hosted our annual Member/Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
Thank you for your contributions!
Become a member of the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon
Learn more about our park, our people and our new adventures ahead through our website links! We hope you will be able to help us in our efforts by becoming a member of the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon, volunteering with us, or making a much appreciated donation.