They have been gathering feedback from the public and will be presenting the recommendations over the course of two meetings. Taking feedback from those sessions, there will be an additional public meeting to review the draft of the master plan.
We encourage you, our park users, volunteers, donors and members to attend these meetings and provide feedback! This is an exciting opportunity to make your voice heard for the future of the park.
- January 25th, 6-8pm: Community workshop at Cheyenne Mountain High School, 1200 Cresta Road
» This meeting will cover recommendations around Park Use and Circulation
- February 1st, 6-8pm: Community workshop in the Kiva Room at Cheyenne Mountain High School, 1200 Cresta Road
» This meeting will cover recommendations around Park Interpretation and Trail Systems
- March 6th, 6-7:30: Open house in the Kiva Room at Cheyenne Mountain High School, 1200 Cresta Road
» Using feedback from the January and February meetings, this meeting will review the draft of the master plan
Click here for more information on the master plan.
Announcing another great partnership with Mountain Equipment Recyclers (MER)! When you donate your gently-used gear to MER on behalf of the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon, 50% of the proceeds will go to the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon.
They consign and sell high-quality new and used outdoor equipment and apparel. Friends of Cheyenne Cañon have joined other organizations in the mission of MER to support nonprofits in the region. Since 2013 MER has contributed over $100,000 back to the community. This is another win-win with a community business partner. If you attended the December member/volunteer dinner you received a $5 coupon for purchases at MER. Now is the time to check out the store and bring those unwanted, outgrown, outdated items in to donate and buy new with your coupon!
How to donate your gear:
1. Go to MER at 1024 S. Tejon Street
2. Donate your gear and be sure to specify Friends of Cheyenne Cañon as the beneficiary! You can make your donation at any time during MER's regular business hours.
Become a member of the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon
Learn more about our park, our people and our new adventures ahead through our website links! We hope you will be able to help us in our efforts by becoming a member of the Friends of Cheyenne Cañon, volunteering with us, or making a much appreciated donation.